GATE 2019 CCMT Counselling has been started from 8th April 2019. This year, the exam is managed by the IIT, Madras. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national level examination. It is conducted to offer admission into M.Tech/M.Sc in engineering/ technology/ architecture and Ph.D in relevant branches of science. GATE 2019 Score Card has been released on 20th March 2019. Through this article, candidates can get complete information about GATE 2019 including dates, answer keys, result, scorecard, etc.
Answer Key Important Dates Result
Cut Off Counselling FAQs
GATE 2019 Notification – Counselling Started
GATE 2019 CCMT Counselling (Registration & Choice Filling) has been started from 8th April 2019. Check here for counselling details.
GATE 2019 Score Card has been released on 20th March 2019. Check here for score card details.
GATE 2019 Result has been declared on 15th March 2019. Check here for result details.
GATE 2019 Qualifying Cut Off for various categories has been released. Check here for cut-off details.
GATE 2019 Final Answer Keys & question papers have been released on 13th March 2019. Check here for answer key details.
GATE 2019 Candidate’s Responses has been released through login.
GATE 2019 Exam Dates
Here, we have updated official schedule & GATE exam dates:
|GATE 2019 Online Application Form Opens||1st September 2018|
|Last Date for Submission of Application||22nd September 2018|
|Application correction||26th November 2018|
|Last date for registration (with late fee)||1st October 2018|
|Corrections of Gender / Category / PwD Status / Dyslexia and other similar learning disabilities||31st October – 7th November 2018|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||16th November 2018|
|Mock Test Release||Released|
|Admit Card Downloading Starts||4th January 2019|
|GATE Aptitude Test||2nd & 3rd February (9:30 AM to 12:00 Noon) and 9th & 10th February 2019 (2:30 PM to 5:30 PM)|
|Answer Key Release||20th February 2019|
|Last date to challenge answer key||22nd February 2019|
|Final answer key release||13th March 2019|
|Announcement of Results||15th March 2019|
|Score Card Release||20th March to 31st May 2019|
|Counselling Starts||8th April 2019|
GATE Result 2019
Through this section, candidates can get information about result & scorecard including date, mode, etc.
- Candidates can check GATE 2019 result on 15th March 2019.
- The result has been declared only through online mode.
- It can be viewed by entering enrollment number/registration number & date of birth.
- No result/rank will be sent through offline mode or any other mode.
GATE 2019 Score Card
The scorecard is available only to qualified candidates. It has been released after result declaration.
- GATE score card 2019 is valid for three years after the announcement of the result.
- Candidates should download their scorecard from 20th March to 31st March 2019.
- If candidates require a soft copy of it after the last date, they have to pay Rs. 500 for obtaining the same till last week of December 2019.
GATE Score Card Calculation
GATE 2019 Cut Off
The cut off marks has been released after the result announcement for GATE admission. Check here details about GATE cut off 2019 including releasing mode, date, last year cut off, etc.
- It is the minimum marks which candidates have to obtain in the examination to get admission into various PG & other courses.
- Cut off will be published through online mode according to the categories & papers.
- Below, we have updated previous year qualifying cut off marks:
|Papers||Cut Off 2018||Cut Off (2019)||Cut Off 2018||Cut Off (2019)||Cut Off 2018||Cut Off (2019)|
|Chemical Engineering (CH)||44.3||34.8||39.8||31.3||29.5||23.2|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||32.87||34.1||29||30.7||21||22.7|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||28.7||28.2||25.8||25.4||19.1||18.8|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||25.2||39.6||25.2||35.6||16.7||26.4|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC)||25||26.7||22.5||24||16.6||17.8|
|Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)||22.5||29.5||22.5||26.6||16.6||19.7|
GATE Counselling 2019
Here candidates can check the GATE counselling 2019 details:
- No centralized counselling is organized by the authority for admission to PG courses.
- Candidates have to apply separately for each IIT.
- CCMT (Centralized Counselling for M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan admissions) is conducted for admission to all NITs & several other centrally funded Institutions.
- GATE 2019 Counselling has been started from 8th April 2019 through online mode.
- Candidates, those have a valid GATE 2017/2018/2019 scorecard, they can apply for counselling.
- At the time of counselling registration, candidates have to fill choices of colleges & courses as per their preferences.
- Allotment of the seat will be done on the basis of rank, filled choices, category, availability of seats, etc.
GATE 2019 Answer Key
The answer keys for various papers has been published after a few days of the examination. Candidates can check it through online mode on the website.
GATE Answer Key has been released on 20th February 2019. Candidates should submit their objection on the answer keys within a given time period against a payment.
New Changes Introduced this Year
There are some major changes has been done for the GATE 2019 examination, which are mentioned below:
- The GATE 2019 examination will be conducted for total 24 papers. A new paper Statistics (Code – ST) has been added.
- Students will also get an opportunity to submit the application form after the due date.
- IIT, Madras is the conducting authority of GATE 2019 examination.
GATE Official Help Desk Details:
The official website of GATE is gate.iitm.ac.in. Get GATE official help desk details for further enquiry:
Organizing Chairman, GATE 2019
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Chennai-600036, Tamil nadu
Contact Number: 044-22578200
E-mail ID: [email protected]
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
Check here for more GATE 2019 FAQs.
GATE 2019 Registration
Candidates can check this section to know complete details about the GATE application form 2019:
- Candidates can register & fill application only through online mode on the official website.
- GATE 2019 application form has been started from 1st September 2018 to 1st October 2018.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned images such as photograph (Maximum Size: 480×640 pixels, Minimum Size: 240×320 pixels & Dimension: 3.5cm × 4.5cm) and signature (Maximum Size: 160×560, Minimum Size: 80×280 pixels & Dimension: 2cm × 7cm).
- Candidates also have to upload certificate of qualifying degree, category certificate and/or Dyslexic certificate (if applicable).
- At the time of GATE registration 2019, candidates can choose three exam cities as examination centres.
- Candidates also have to fill ID number specified in any of the following, i.e. Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Driving License, Employee ID, Passport, PAN Card & Voter ID.
- Any changes after the submission of application form is not permitted.
- There is no need to send any hard copy of application/documents to the officials.
- Candidates should take a print copy of GATE application form 2019 for further references.
- The application fee can be deposited through online mode by using either net banking or debit card or credit card.
- The fee will be non-refundable & non-transferable.
- The fee details are given below in the table:
|For Examination Centers in India|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Female candidates||Rs. 750|
|All Other Categories||Rs. 1500|
|Late Fee||Rs. 500 (22nd Sep to 1st Oct 2018)|
|For Examination Centers in Foreign Countries (All Candidates)|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US $50|
|Dubai and Singapore||US $100|
|Late Fee||US $20 (22nd Sep to 1st Oct 2018)|
GATE Eligibility Criteria
Before application filling, candidates should ensure that they meet GATE eligibility criteria. Check below complete eligibility:
- Indian & Foreign National candidates are eligible to apply.
- There will be no age limit criteria to apply.
|Qualifying Exam||Description about Qualifying Exam||Description of Eligible Candidates||Passing Year|
|B.Tech/BE/B.Pharm||4 years Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology after 10+2 examination.
3 years Bachelor’s degree holders after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology.
|Currently in the final year or already completed.||2019|
|B.Arch||5 years Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture.||Currently in the final year or already completed.||2019|
|B.Sc (Research)/BS||Bachelor’s degree in Science after Post diploma.
4 years Bachelor’s degree in Science after 10+2.
|Currently in the 4th year or already completed.||2019|
|M.Sc/MA/MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent.||Currently in the final year or already completed.||2019|
|Integrated ME/M.Tech (Post-B.Sc)||4 years Post-B.Sc Integrated Master’s degree programme in Engineering/Technology.||Currently in the 2nd/3rd/4th year or already completed.||2021|
|Integrated ME/M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5 years Integrated Master’s degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed.||2020|
|Integrated M.Sc/Integrate BS-MS||Integrated M.Sc.
5 years Integrated BS-MS programme.
|Currently in the final year or already completed.||2019|
|Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to BE/B.Tech/B.Arch)||BE/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (example: AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)||Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses.||NA|
Note: Candidates, those completed/appearing their qualifying exam from countries other than India, they must complete or in the final year of their 4 years bachelors degree in engineering/technology or 2 years masters degree in any relevant subjects in science.
GATE Application Correction 2019
Candidates must fill application carefully, the correction will not be allowed in any fields except exam city center. Other details about GATE Application correction 2019 are given below:
- Correction in Name, DOB, personal & academic details can be done from 27th September 2018.
- The official authority may send the mail to the candidate’s registered email Id regarding status of the application and defects in the application form.
- Candidates have to immediately rectify the identified defects within a stipulated time period.
- Failing to rectify the defects within a stipulated time period will lead to the rejection of the application form.
GATE Exam Pattern
GATE exam pattern 2019 complete information is mentioned here:
- Papers: GATE examination will be conducted for 24 subjects/papers.
- Date: It is conducting on 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February 2019.
- Exam Mode: It will be organized in online mode (computer-based test).
- Type of Questions: In the examination, MCQs & Numerical type questions will be asked.
- Attempt: Candidates can appear only in any one paper of GATE examination.
- Session: Examination will be held in two sessions, i.e. forenoon (9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon) & afternoon (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM).
- Validity of Score Card: GATE 2019 score card will be valid for three years from the date of declaration of result.
- Duration: Exam duration will be of three hours.
- Number of Questions: Total 65 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Section Common in All GATE Papers: It is compulsory to attempt General Aptitude (GA) section.
|Pattern of Questions||Marks Allotted||Negative Marking|
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||1 or 2 marks||For 1 mark question, 1/3 marks will be deducted.
For 2 marks question, 2/3 mark will be deducted.
|Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||1 or 2 marks||No negative marking|
Marks & Questions Distribution:
|Sections||Number of Questions & Marks||Total Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Aptitude (GA)||5 Question carrying 1- mark each & 5 question carrying 2-marks each.||10||15|
|Question Papers other than GG, XE and XL||25 questions carrying 1-mark each & 30 questions carrying 2-marks each.||55||85|
|Question Paper GG (Geology and Geophysics)||PART A (Compulsory)||PART B||55||85|
|25 questions carrying 1-mark each.||Section 1 (Geology) & Section 2 (Geophysics) (Attempt Any One):
30 questions carrying 2-marks each.
|XE Paper (Engineering Sciences)||Section A Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory):||Sections B to H: (Attempt Any Two)||55||85|
|7 questions carrying 1-mark each & 4 questions carrying 2-marks each.||9 questions carrying 1-mark each & 13 questions carrying 2-marks.|
|XL Paper (Life Sciences)||Section P Chemistry (Compulsory):||Sections Q to U: (Attempt Any Two)||55||85|
|5 questions carrying 1-mark each & 10 questions carrying 2-marks each.||10 questions carrying 1-mark each & 10 questions carrying 2-marks each.|
GATE Syllabus 2019
GATE syllabus 2019 for each of the papers is different. GATE exam will be organized for 24 papers/subjects. The syllabus has been released by the conducting authority separately for each paper in a PDF format. These papers & detailed syllabus are:
- Statistics (ST): Calculus, Probability, Linear Algebra, Inference, Stochastic Processes, Multivariate Analysis, Design of Experiments & Regression Analysis.
- General Aptitude (GA): Verbal Ability & Numerical Ability.
- Aerospace Engineering (AE): Engineering Mathematics, Flight Mechanics, Space Dynamics, Aerodynamics, Structures, Propulsion.
- Agricultural Engineering (AG): Engineering Mathematics, Farm Machinery, Farm Power, Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, etc.
- Architecture and Planning (AR): Architecture and Design, Building Materials, Construction and Management, Building and Structure, Environmental Planning and Design, etc.
- Biotechnology (BT): Engineering Mathematics, General Biotechnology, Recombinant DNA Technology, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, etc.
- Civil Engineering (CE): Engineering Mathematics, Structural Engineering, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, etc.
- Chemical Engineering (CH): Engineering Mathematics, Process Calculations and Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations, etc.
- Computer Science and Information Technology (CS): Engineering Mathematics, Digital Logic, Computer Organization and Architecture, Programming and Data Structures, etc.
- Chemistry (CY): Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry & Organic Chemistry.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC): Engineering Mathematics, Networks, Signals and Systems, Electronic Devices, Analog Circuits, Digital Circuits, etc.
- Electrical Engineering (EE): Engineering Mathematics, Electric Circuits, Electromagnetic Fields, Signals and Systems, Electrical Machines, etc.
- Ecology and Evolution (EY): Ecology, Evolution, Mathematics and Quantitative Ecology, Behavioural Ecology, etc.
- Geology and Geophysics (GG): Common Section (Earth and Planetary system, Weathering and soil formation, etc), Geology & Geophysics.
- Instrumentation Engineering (IN): Engineering Mathematics, Electrical Circuits, Signals and Systems, Control Systems, etc.
- Mathematics (MA): Linear Algebra, Complex Analysis, Real Analysis, Algebra, Functional Analysis, Numerical Analysis, etc.
- Mechanical Engineering (ME): Engineering Mathematics, Applied Mechanics and Design, Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences, etc.
- Mining Engineering (MN): Engineering Mathematics, Mine Development and Surveying, Geomechanics and Ground Control, etc.
- Metallurgical Engineering (MT): Engineering Mathematics, Thermodynamics and Rate Processes, Extractive Metallurgy, etc.
- Petroleum Engineering (PE): Linear Algebra, Petroleum Formation Evaluation, Oil and Gas Well Testing, etc.
- Physics (PH): Mathematical Physics, Classical Mechanics, Electromagnetic Theory, Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics, etc.
- Production and Industrial Engineering (PI): Engineering Mathematics, General Engineering, Manufacturing Processes I, Quality and Reliability, etc.
- Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF): Engineering Mathematics, Textile Fibers, Fabric manufacture, Structure and Properties, etc.
- Engineering Mathematics (XE-A), Fluid Mechanics (XE-B), Materials Science (XE-C), Solid Mechanics (XE-D), Thermodynamics (XE-E), Polymer Science and Engineering (XE-F), Food Technology (XE-G), Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (XE-H).
- Chemistry (XL-P), Biochemistry (XL-Q), Botany (XL-R), Microbiology (XL-S), Zoology (XL-T) & Food Technology (XL-U).
GATE Virtual Calculator
GATE Preparation Tips
During GATE exam preparation, it is necessary to know some tips & tricks to crack the examination:
- Good understanding of the basic concepts, exam pattern & syllabus.
- Try to solve past years question paper & sample papers.
- Choose the best study material & GATE Preparation books for GATE exam.
- Make a strategy & timetable, instead of jumping straight to more complex topics.
- Avoid distractions & take care of your health.
- Solve online mock tests & revise the topics in each day difference.
GATE 2019 Admit Card
In this section, we are providing details about GATE admit card 2019 releasing date, mode & other details:
- Candidates can get admit card through online mode by entering their enrollment ID/email address & password.
- There is no facility to send admit cards by post or email to the candidates.
- Downloading of GATE Hall Ticket 2019 has been started from 4th January 2019.
- Before examination start, biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) will be captured for randomly selected candidates.
- On the day of the examination, candidates must bring original ID proof (specified in application) along with admit card.
- Candidates should download admit card in color print.
GATE Examination Guidelines
If you have any query about GATE 2019, you can ask us by leaving your comments in the comment box.