CA CPT 2017 (Chartered Accountancy Common Proficiency Test) is an entrance examination controlled and maintained by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) for the candidates seeking their career in the commerce and accounting fields in India.
Every year ICAI conducts the Common Proficiency Test (CPT) for providing candidates to take admissions in various accounting courses in Institute of Chartered Accountants of India based on their CA CPT score.
List of Courses in CA CPT 2017 Examination:
Here is the list of courses for CA CPT 2017 examination:
- 1. Certificate Course on Indirect Taxes
- 2. Certificate Course on Enterprise Risk Management
- 3. Certificate Course on Concurrent Audit of Banks
- 4. Certificate Course on Internal Audit
- 5. Certificate Course on Master in Business Finance
- 6. Certificate Course on International Taxation
- 7. Certificate Course on Forensic Accounting and Fraud Detection
- 8. Certificate Course on International Financial Reporting Standards
- 9. Certificate Course on Forex and Treasury Management
- 10. Certificate Course on Derivatives
- 11. Certificate Course on Valuation
- 12. Certificate Course on Arbitration
- 13. Certificate Course on Co-operatives
- 14. Certificate Course on Not-for-profit Organization (NPOs)
CA CPT 2017 Important Dates:
|Release of CA CPT 2017 Notification||October 4, 2017|
|CA CPT 2017 application form submission (last date)||October 25, 2017|
|CA CPT 2017 application form submission (with late fee)||November 1, 2017|
|CA CPT 2017 admit card/hall ticket||November 15, 2017|
|CA CPT 2017 exam||December 17, 2017|
|CA CPT 2017 results announcement||July 17, 2018|
|CA CPT 2017 counselling||one week after the result declaration|
CA CPT 2017 Exam Pattern:
|Courses offered||Various Accounting Courses|
|Question paper type||Objective (includes 200 questions with four choices each)|
|Subjects||Fundamentals of Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics, Quantitative Aptitude|
|Mode of exam||Offline (Pen & Paper)|
|Duration||2 Sessions (2 hours for each session)|
|Marking scheme||1 mark (for each correct answer) & 1/4 negative mark (for each wrong answer)|
CA CPT 2017 Subject Wise Exam Pattern:
|Subject||No. of questions||Marks|
|Fundamentals of Accounting||60||60|
CA CPT 2017 Subject Wise Syllabus:
Fundamentals of Accounting
1. Theoretical Framework
2. Accounting Process
Books of Accounts leading to the preparation of Trial Balance, Capital and revenue expenditures, Capital and revenue receipts, Contingent assets and contingent liabilities, Fundamental errors including rectifications thereof.
3. Bank Reconciliation Statement
The basis of inventory valuation and record keeping.
5. Depreciation accounting
Methods, computation and accounting treatment of depreciation, Change in depreciation methods.
6. Preparation of Final Accounts for Sole Proprietors
7. Accounting for Special Transactions
8. Partnership Accounts
Final accounts of partnership firms – Basic concepts of admission, retirement, and death of a partner including treatment of goodwill.
9. Introduction to Company Accounts
The issue of shares and debentures, forfeiture of shares, re-issue of forfeited shares, the redemption of preference shares.
|Micro Economics||1. Introduction to Micro Economics|
2. Theory of Demand and Supply
3. Theory of Production and Cost
4. Price Determination in Different Markets
|Indian Economic Development||5. Indian Economy – A Profile|
6. Select Aspects of Indian Economy
7. Economic Reforms in India
8. Money and Banking
|Chapters||1. Ratio and proportion, Indices, Logarithms|
Linear – simultaneous linear equations up to three variables, quadratic and cubic equations in one variable, equations of a straight line, intersection of straight lines, graphical solution of linear equations.
Graphs of inequalities in two variables ─ common region.
4. Simple and Compound Interest including annuity ─ Applications
5. Basic concepts of Permutations and Combinations
6. Sequence and Series – Arithmetic and geometric progressions
7. Sets, Functions, and Relations
8. Limits and Continuity ─ Intuitive Approach
9. Basic concepts of Differential and Integral Calculus (excluding trigonometric functions)
10. Statistical description of data
11. Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
Arithmetic Mean, Median – Partition Values, Mode, Geometric Mean and Harmonic, Mean, Standard deviation, Quartile deviation
12. Correlation and Regression
13. Probability and Expected Value by Mathematical Expectation
14. Theoretical Distributions
Binomial, Poisson and Normal.
15. Sampling Theory
Basic Principles of sampling theory, Comparison between sample survey and complete enumeration, Errors in sample surveys, Some important terms associated with sampling, Types of sampling, Theory of estimation, Determination of sample size.
16. Index Numbers
CA CPT 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for CA CPT 2017 is as follows:
|Nationality||Indian or Overseas Indian|
|Mandatory documents||Aadhaar Card, Class 12th Mark sheet & Certificate, Class 10th Mark sheet & Certificate, Graduate Course Marksheets|
|Attempts allowed||Candidates can attempt the exam till the Age is not exceeded.|
|Percentage||55% (for candidates holding degree with Commerce), & 60% (for the candidates holding degree other than commerce stream)|
CA CPT 2017 Application Form:
CA CPT Application Form will be available from 4th October 2017. The last date to submit the application will 25th October 2017. Candidates can print the receipt after submitting their forms. The application form can be filled by online mode only.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of ICAI CA CPT 2017, https://www.icai.org
- Step 2: Fill down the complete and correct details in the form. That are your name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, nationality, state, gender, communication address, email address, mobile number and your AADHAR number.
- Step 3: After the final submission, note down your registration number.
- Step 4: In the next screen upload your passport size photograph and signature.
- Step 4: Make payment for application form fee and print the confirmation page.
CA CPT 2017 Application Fee:
|For exam centers in India only||Rs.1000/-|
For exam centers in Kathmandu (Nepal)
|For exam centers in Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai, and Muscat||$ 30|
CA CPT 2017 Admit Cards/ Hall ticket:
All the candidates who have registered for CA CPT 2017 examination need to download the admit card to appear in the main examination. Admit cards for CA CPT 2017 exam will be available from November 15, 2017, at the official website.
Here are the steps you need to follow to download your ICAR AIEEA 2018 admit card:
- Step 1: Visit the official website and go to the candidate’s login window.
- Step 2: Enter your login registration number, password and captcha code correctly.
- Step 3: Go to the “admit card” tab and click on the link.
- Step 4: Take a print out of your admit card for reference in future.
CA CPT 2017 Counseling:
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has decided to complete the CA CPT 2017 counseling in three rounds. The first round of counseling will take place on July 2018. The procedure of CA CPT first round counseling registration is mentioned below:
- Online Registration: Visit the official website and go to the section Counselling. Then register and get a unique User ID and Password on your registered mobile phone for the next step.
- Choice Filling & Locking: Now choose the courses as per your choice and list them. After the final edit lock all your choices.
- Counseling Result Declaration: All the candidates will receive their result of their allotted course through their registered SMS and Email after counseling ends.
- Reporting to the College: After the counseling ends, all the candidates need to visit the college and need to pay the fee to take admissions. In case, any candidate fails to report the college, then the seat will be given to the next candidate.
Documents Required in Counseling Process:
- 1. 10th/12th Mark sheets and Passing Certificates
- 2. Bachelors or Masters Degree (provisional if original degree is not available)
- 3. ICAI CA CPT 2017 Admit Card
- 4. AADHAR Card
- 5. Transfer Certificate
- 6. CA CPT 2017 Score Card
- 7. Caste Certificate
- 8. Character Certificate
- 9. Domicile Certificate