CUCET 2018 (Central Universities Common Entrance Test) is a common entrance examination controlled and maintained by the Central University of Rajasthan (CURAJ) for the candidates seeking their career in the medical, engineering, teaching, or law fields in India.
Every year CURAJ conducts the CUCET examinations for providing candidates to take admissions in Under Graduate/Integrated Programs, Post Graduate/B.Ed./Integrated M.Sc B.Ed/Post Graduate Diploma Programs and M.Phil/Ph. D Programs in the ten Central Universities of the country India.
List of Participating Universities in CUCET 2018 Examination:
Here are the participating universities in CUCET 2018 examination:
- 1. Central University of Haryana (CUHAR)
- 2. Central University of Jammu (CUJAM)
- 3. Central University of Jharkhand (CUJHD)
- 4. Central University of Karnataka (CUKNK)
- 5. Central University of Kashmir (CUKAS)
- 6. Central University of Kerala (CUKER)
- 7. Central University of Punjab (CUPUN)
- 8. Central University of Rajasthan (CURAJ)
- 9. Central University of South Bihar (CUSBR)
- 10. Central University of Tamil Nadu (CUTND)
- 11. Bengaluru Dr. B R Ambedkar School of Economics (BASE)
CUCET 2018 Examination Important Dates:
|Online Registration starts||16th March 2018|
|Last date for online registration||15th April 2018|
|Admit card release||1st May 2018|
|Exam dates||12th & 13th May 2018|
|Release of answer key||14th May 2018|
|Complaint against answer key||17th May 2018 (11:59 AM)|
|Correct answer key release||24th May 2018|
|Announcement of result||4th June 2018|
CUCET 2018 Exam Pattern:
|Courses offered||UG/Integrated Programs, PG/B.Ed./Integrated M.Sc B.Ed/PG Diploma Programs and M.Phil/Ph. D Programs|
|Question paper type||Objective (includes 100 questions with four choices each):|
Part A (25 Questions), Part B (75 Questions)
|Subjects||English Language, General Awareness, Mathematical Aptitude and Analytical Skills|
|Mode of exam||Offline (OMR sheet)|
|Duration||2 hours (for Part A), and 2 hours (for Part B)|
|Marking scheme||1 marks (for each correct answer) & 0.25 negative mark (for each incorrect answer)|
CUCET 2018 Subject Wise Syllabus:
The syllabus of the CUCET exam is different for various courses. The syllabus includes main subjects: English language, mathematical aptitude, general awareness, analytical skills, physics, chemistry, mathematics & biology.
For detailed syllabus- Click Here
CUCET 2018 Application Form:
CUCET 2018 Application Form will be available from 15th March 2018. The last date to submit the application will 14th April 2018. CURAJ will re-open the application form correction window for the candidates between 9th April 2018 to 15th April 2018. The application form can be filled by online mode and offline mode.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of CUCET 2018, http://cucet2017.co.in
- Step 2: Fill down the complete and correct details in the form. That are your name, father’s name, mother’s name, nationality, gender, category, AADHAR card number, email id, mobile number, the address of communication and the details about the qualifying examination.
- Step 3: After the final submission, note down your registration number.
- Step 4: In the next screen upload your passport size photograph and signature.
- Step 4: Make payment for application form fee and print the confirmation page.
CUCET 2018 Application Fee:
|Category||Online Application & Online Payment||Online Application & payment through Challan|
|Application Fee||Application Fee||Bank Commission||Total Payment to be deposited in SBI|
|General/OBC Candidates||Rs.800 (for three Participating Universities)||Rs.800||Rs.50||Rs.850|
|SC/ST Candidates||Rs.350 (for three Participating Universities)||Rs.350||Rs.50||Rs.350|
|PWD candidates||No Fee||–||–||–|
CUCET 2018 Admit Cards/ Hall ticket:
All the candidates who have registered for CUCET 2018 examination need to download the admit card to appear in the examination. Admit cards for CUCET 2018 exam will be available from May 1, 2018, at the official website. Here are the steps you need to follow to download your CUCET 2018 admit card:
- Step 1: Visit the official website and go to the section Admit Cards.
- Step 2: Enter your registration number, name, father’s name, date of birth and captcha code correctly.
- Step 3: Click on submit and take a print out of your admit card for reference in future.
CUCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
In short, the eligibility criteria for CUCET 2018 is as follows:
|All Central Universities||PG Programmes||Bachelor’s degree|
|M.Phil Programme||Master’s degree with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD)|
|Ph. D Programs||M.Phil degree|
Qualified: UGC/CSIR-JRF/NET or SLET (Equivalent to NET/JRF as per UGC norms) or a holder of Teacher Fellowship
Teacher in a constituent/affiliated college/department of the university & research experience for at least two years
Is an in-service candidate with three years’ experience and has master’s degree with at least 55% of marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD) in the relevant subjects.
|Age Limit||UG Programmes||The candidates should not exceed 19 years of age as on 1 July 2018.|
|PG Programs||Candidates should not exceed 25 years of age as on 1 July 2018.|
Different universities have their different eligibility criteria for each of their courses. Candidates are advised to see the detailed eligibility criteria on the official website.
For detailed eligibility criteria- Click Here
CUCET 2018 Counseling:
After the CUCET 2018 result declaration, all the participating universities are independent to conduct their counseling process separately. All the candidates seeking admissions are required to appear in each university counseling process separately.
CUCET 2018 counseling will be conducted in three rounds. Here’s procedure of CUCET first round counseling is mentioned below:
- Report to University for the Counseling Registration: Visit the university you want to take admission in with all the required documents for the Counselling registration.
- Choice Filling: Fill the counseling form with the name of the courses as per your choice and list them in ascending order according to your priority.
- Counseling Result Declaration: All the candidates will receive their result of their allotted course and college after counseling process ends in the same day.
- Pay the Admission Fee and Take Admission in Allotted Course: After the counseling ends, all the candidates need to visit their allotted colleges and need to pay the fee to take admissions. In case, any candidate fails to report the college, then the seat will be given to the next candidate.
Documents Required in Counseling Process:
- 1. 10th/12th Mark sheets and Passing Certificates
- 2. Bachelors or Masters Degree (provisional if original degree is not available)
- 3. CUCET 2018 Admit Card
- 4. AADHAR Card
- 5. Transfer Certificate
- 6. Central Universities Common Entrance Test Score Card
- 7. Caste Certificate
- 8. Character Certificate
- 9. Domicile Certificate