JEE Main 2018 (Joint Entrance Examination- Main) is the first stage an Engineering Entrance Examination in India. JEE Main exam is controlled and maintained by the Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE) for the candidates seeking their career in the engineering field in India.
Through JEE Main Exam, CBSE provides candidates with an opportunity to take admissions in B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology), B.Arch (Bachelor of Architecture) and B.E (Bachelor of Engineering) courses in all government and private engineering and architecture institutes of the country India.
JEE Main Application Form 2018:
The registration for JEE Main 2018 will start from 1st December 2017 and will be available till the 27 February 2018. No facility to fill offline application form is provided for this year. The application forms can be only filled by online mode.
There are 4 simple steps to fill “Online JEE Main Application Form 2018”. The 4-step process is…
- Step 1: Fill the Online Application Form and note down the Registration Number.
- Step 2: Upload photo and signature.
- Step 3: Make Payment of Fee by prescribed modes.
- Step 4: Print Confirmation Page after Successful remittance of fee.
And you’re set.
Now it’s time to break down each step in detail.
Step #1: Fill the Online Application Form and Note Down the Registration Number
- » To fill the application form, go to the official portal of JEE Main 2018 at jeemain.nic.in
- » Click on ‘Apply for JEE(Main)- 2018’ button under ‘New Candidate Registration section’.
- » In next window, read all the instructions, procedure and Information Bulletin carefully before you start filling the Online Application Form.
- » After reading all the instructions, click on the ‘Proceed to Apply Online’ button on the bottom of the instructions window.
- » In the Next window, fill the authentication form details (Nationality, State of Eligibility, State where Class 12th School/NIOS study centre located, AADHAR Number, Candidate’s Name, Date of Birth, Gender and Security Pin)
- » In the Next window, fill your the exam related details (Exam Name, Mode of Examination, Exam Centres & Question Paper Medium)
- » In the same window, fill your personal details (Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, State, Date of Birth, Gender, Nationality, Place of Residence & AADHAR Number)
- » Then, in the same window, fill your academic details (Year of Passing Class 10th, School Board of Class 12th, Name of the Qualifying Examination, Place of Class 12th, Type of Institution of Class 12th, Roll Number of Class 12th, Mode of Preparation & School Name)
- » Then, in the same window, fill your mailing address details (Country, State, District, Address, Email & Mobile Number) and details of your parents.
- » In next screen create a password, and choose a security question for your JEE Main account and then click on the button ‘Next’ after entering the ‘Security Pin’.
- » Review the page and If you have filled all the information correctly, then click on the button ‘Submit’ after ticking the ‘I Agree’.
- » Note down your ‘Registration Number’ after the final submission.
Step #2: Upload Photo and Signature
- » Now that you’ve submitted your basic and contact details, it’s time to upload your photograph and signature.
- » In next screen, just browse your latest photograph (in jpg format) and scanned copy of your signature (in jpg format) in your computer.
- » The photograph should be in passport size (with name & DOB attached) with 3.5 x 4.5 cm (width x height) dimensions and 4 kb to 40 kb in size.
- » The signature should be in 3.5 x 1.5 cm (width x height) dimensions and 1 kb to 30 kb in size.
Step #2: Make Payment of Fee by Prescribed Modes
- » Your next step is to make the fee payment for your application form.
- » After uploading the images, all the candidate will be automatically redirected to the ‘Payment Gateway’ window.
- » Just choose the bank and pay the application fee using your Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking.
Step #4: Print Confirmation Page after Successful Remittance of Fee
- » Your last step is to take a print out of the page after the payment is submitted successfully.
- » You need to login to your JEE Main account (with your registration number & password) to print the confirmation page after the successful remittance of the fee.
That’s all there is to it 🙂
Important Instructions for JEE Main Application Form 2018:
Candidates can apply for JEE (Main), 2018 by “Online Mode” only. All the Indian Citizens, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for JEE Main-2018 examination with 15% All India Quota seats. The other important instructions are:
|SC/ST/PH/ Girls||Rs. 500/-|
|Documents for future reference||Proof of remittance of fee, Computer Generated Confirmation Page of online Application|
|Mandatory documents||Aadhaar Card, Class 12th Marksheet & Class 10th Marksheet|
|Age limit||Candidate’s date of birth should fall on or after 01 October 1992 (for general category) and 01 October 1987 (for SC, ST and PwD categories) candidates.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed/appearing 12th or equivalent examination from any recognised board with PCM or hold a diploma (3 years).|
|Percentage||No percentage criteria for application submission & however, criteria of 75% (for general category)/ 60% (for reserved categories SC/ST) for admission in IIT, NIT, IIIT & CFTIs)|