NEET 2018 (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) is a medical entrance examination in India. NEET exam is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE) as per the directives of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India.
Through NEET Exam, CBSE provides candidates with an opportunity to take admissions in MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine) and BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) courses in all government and private medical/dental institutes of the country India.
NEET Application Form 2018:
NEET 2018 Application Form for candidates below 25 of years of age will be available from 31st January 2018 to 1st March 2018. While forms for the candidates above 25 years of age will be available from 1st April 2018 to 5th April 2018. The application form can be only filled by online mode.
There are 4 simple steps to fill “Online NEET Application Form 2018”. The 4-step process is…
- Step 1: Fill the Online Application Form and note down the Registration Number.
- Step 2: Upload photo and signature.
- Step 3: Make Payment of Fee by prescribed modes.
- Step 4: Print Confirmation Page after Successful remittance of fee.
And you’re set.
Now it’s time to break down each step in detail.
Step #1: Fill the Online Application Form and Note Down the Registration Number
- » To fill the application form, go to the official portal of NEET 2018 at cbseneet.nic.in
- » Click on ‘Apply Online’ button under ‘Online Services section’.
- » In next window, read all the instructions, procedure and Information Bulletin carefully before you start filling the Online Application Form.
- » After reading all the instructions, click on the ‘Proceed to Apply Online NEET(UG), 2018’ button on the bottom of the instructions window.
- » In the Next window, fill your basic details (Candidate’s Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Category, Date of Birth, Gender, Nationality, State, Identification Type & AADHAR Number), contact details (Locality, Land Mark, Town/City, Zip Code, State, District, Email Address & Mobile Number), and details of parents.
- » If you have filled all the information correctly, then click on the button ‘Preview & Submit’ after entering the ‘Security Pin’.
- » In the end, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number and email address.
- » After receiving the One Time Password enter it inside the ‘OTP Verification Box’ and enter the Security Pin inside the ‘Security Pin Box’, and click on ‘Final Submit’ button.
- » Note down your ‘Registration Number’ after the final submission.
Step #2: Upload Photo and Signature
- » Now that you’ve submitted your basic and contact details, it’s time to upload your photograph and signature.
- » In next screen, just browse your latest photograph (in jpg format) and scanned copy of your signature (in jpg format) in your computer.
- » The photograph should be of 10 Kb to 100 Kb and signature should be of 3 Kb to 20 Kb in size.
Step #2: Make Payment of Fee by Prescribed Modes
- » Your next step is to make the fee payment for your application form.
- » After uploading the images, all the candidate will be automatically redirected to the ‘Payment Gateway’ window.
- » Just choose the bank and pay the application fee using your Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking.
Step #4: Print Confirmation Page after Successful Remittance of Fee
- » Your last step is to take a print out of the page after the payment is submitted successfully.
- » You will be automatically redirected to the confirmation page after the successful remittance of the fee.
That’s all there is to it 🙂
Important Instructions for NEET Application Form 2018:
Candidates can apply for NEET (UG), 2018 by “Online Mode” only. All the Indian Citizens, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for NEET-2018 examination with 15% All India Quota seats. The other important instructions are:
|Documents for future reference||Proof of remittance of fee, Computer Generated Confirmation Page of online Application|
|Mandatory documents||Aadhaar Card (Except candidates from Assam, J&K and Meghalaya state) Class 12th Marksheet & Class 10th Marksheet|
|Age limit||17 years (minimum) & 25 year (maximum- for general category) & 30 years (maximum- for reserved categories)|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed/be appearing 12th or equivalent examination from any recognised board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology or any other elective subject with English.|
|Percentage||50% (for general category), 45% (for physically handicapped) & 40% (for reserved categories)|