NEET 2018 (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) is an entrance examination controlled and maintained by the Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE) for the candidates seeking their career in the medical field in India.
Every year CBSE conducts the NEET examinations for providing candidates to take admissions in MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine) and BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) courses in all government and private medical/dental institutes of the country India.
What’s New in NEET 2018 Examination:
Few changes are made by the regulating committee for NEET 2018 examinations. Here are the changes:
- 1. As per the latest order of the Honorable Supreme Court of India, all the medical and dental seats in every institute (whether government or private) will be filled on the basis of candidates score in NEET examination only. However, candidates can also apply for AIIMS & JIPMER examinations.
- 2. All India Pre Veterinary Test (AIPVT) has been substituted by NEET examination from 2017 onwards.
- 3. From 2017, all the candidates will be able to attempt for the NEET exam only 3 times. Count for the first attempt will be starting from 2017 NEET examination and so on.
- 4. No previous year attempts will be counted; that means NEET 2017 will be the first attempt and NEET 2018 will be the second attempt for all the candidates.
- 5. Maximum age limit of 25 years (for general category) and 30 years (for reserved categories) has been decided for NEET 2018 exam.
- 6. All the candidates wishing to apply for NEET 2018 exam must hold an AADHAR card issued by UIDAI. While filling the application form for NEET exam, candidates will be asked to enter their AADHAR card number, name, gender, and date of birth that will further be crossed checked by UIDAI data. In case, the entered details do not match, the candidates will not be able to fill the application form for NEET 2018.
- 7. The Supreme Court on Friday (March 31st, 2017) removed the age cap of 25 years for candidates appearing for the NEET examination.
- 8. 41.42% more than the previous year’s number, around 11,35,104 candidates have registered for the exam last year.
- 9. With the increase of 23 new cities, the NEET and the JEE (Main) exams now have an equivalent number of cities as exam centers.
- 10. CBSE has announced new guidelines to appear for NEET exam.
NEET 2018 Examination Important Dates:
|Release of NEET 2018 Notification||January 31, 2018|
|NEET 2018 application form submission (last date)||March 1, 2018|
|NEET 2018 application form correction||March 7, 2018, to March 12, 2018|
|NEET 2018 admit card/hall ticket||April 15, 2018|
|NEET 2018 exam||May 7, 2018|
|NEET 2018 results announcement||June 8, 2018|
|NEET 2018 counselling||one week after the result declaration|
NEET 2018 Exam Pattern:
|Courses offered||MBBS & BDS|
|Question paper type||Objective (includes 180 questions with four choices each)|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany|
|Languages||English, Tamil, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Odia, Kannada & Telugu|
|Mode of exam||Offline (OMR sheet)|
|Marking scheme||4 marks (for each correct answer) & 1 negative mark (for each incorrect answer)|
NEET 2018 Subject Wise Exam Pattern:
|Subject||No. of questions||Marks|
NEET 2018 Subject Wise Syllabus:
|Class 11th chapters||Physical world and measurement, Laws of Motion, Kinematics, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Thermodynamics, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves|
|Class 12th chapters||Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices|
|Class 11th chapters||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals), Some p-Block Elements, Organic Chemistry-Some Basic Principles and Techniques, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry|
|Class 12th chapters||Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, p-Block Elements, d and f Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|Class 11th chapters||Diversity in Living World, Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants, Cell Structure and Function, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology|
|Class 12th chapters||Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution, Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology and Its Applications, Ecology, and Environment|
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for NEET 2018 is as follows:
|Nationality||Indian or Overseas Indian|
|Mandatory documents||Aadhaar Card (Except candidates from Assam, J&K and Meghalaya state) Class 12th Marksheet & Class 10th Marksheet|
|Age limit||17 years (minimum) & 25 year (maximum- for general category) & 30 years (maximum- for reserved categories)|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed/appearing 12th or equivalent examination from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology or any other elective subject with English.|
|Percentage||50% (for general category), 45% (for physically handicapped) & 40% (for reserved categories)|
NEET 2018 Application Form:
NEET 2018 Application Form will be available from 31st January 2018. The last date to submit the application will 1st March 2018. CBSE will re-open the application form window for the candidates above 25 years of age later. The application form can be only filled by online mode.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of NEET 2018, http://cbseneet.nic.in
- Step 2: Fill down the complete and correct details in the form. That are your name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, nationality, state, gender and your AADHAR number.
- Step 3: After the final submission, note down your registration number.
- Step 4: In the next screen upload your passport size photograph and signature.
- Step 4: Make payment for application form fee and print the confirmation page.
NEET 2018 Exam City Correction:
CBSE has added 23 new cities to the list of exam centers in the country which includes the states Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal. Candidates who have already registered for the exam are advised to check and correct their exam centers from March 24 to March 27. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of NEET 2018, http://cbseneet.nic.in
- Step 2: Select “Exam City Correction” given under the section “Online Services”.
- Step 3: Login and select your desired exam city.
- Step 4: Save the edits then submit.
NEET 2018 Admit Cards/ Hall ticket:
All the candidates who have registered for NEET 2018 examination need to download the admit card to appear in the main examination. Admit cards for NEET 2018 exam will be available from April 15, 2018, at the official website.
Here are the steps you need to follow to download your NEET 2018 admit card:
- Step 1: Visit the official website and go to the section Admit Cards.
- Step 2: Enter your registration number, name, father’s name, date of birth and captcha code correctly.
- Step 3: Click on submit and take a print out of your admit card for reference in future.
NEET 2018 Counseling:
CBSE has decided to complete the NEET 2018 counseling in three rounds. Here’s procedure of NEET first round counseling is mentioned below:
- Online Registration: Visit the official website and go to the section Counselling. Then register and get a unique User ID and Password on your registered mobile phone for the next step.
- Choice Filling & Locking: Now choose the medical/dental college as per your choice and list them. After the final edit lock all your choices.
- Counseling Result Declaration: All the candidates will receive their result of their allotted course and college through their registered SMS and Email after counseling ends.
- Reporting to Allotted College: After the counseling ends, all the candidates need to visit their allotted colleges and need to pay the fee to take admissions. In case, any candidate fails to report the college, then the seat will be given to the next candidate.