UGC NET 2018 (UGC National Eligibility Test) is an entrance examination controlled and maintained by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC) for the candidates seeking their career in the research field in India.
Every year CBSE conducts the research entrance examinations for determining candidates eligibility for Assistant Professor or for Junior Research Fellowship & Assistant Professor. Junior Research Fellowship awardees will be eligible to pursue research in their postgraduate subject from IITs or other national organizations.
UGC NET 2018 Examination Important Dates:
|Issue of Detailed Notification||1st February 2018|
|Commencement of online application form||6th March 2018|
|Last date to submit the form||5th April 2018|
|Last date of fee submission||6th April 2018|
|Corrections in particulars of application form||April/May 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||June 2018|
|Exam Date||8th July 2018|
|Availability of Answer Key & OMR Sheet||July 2018|
|Declaration of Result||July 2018|
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2018:
Candidates may check the CBSE UGC NET 2018 exam pattern which tells about the number of questions, marking procedure, type of queries, length of the examination and other details associated with the exam.
- Papers: The evaluation will include two papers.
- Assessment Mode: Exam will be run in offline mode. Candidates have to indicate their responses about the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet.
- Number of Questions: Total 150 queries will be asked in NET which is split into two papers. All questions are mandatory to try.
- The form of Questions: All the papers will possess objective type questions.
- Subjects: The Paper-I includes General Aptitude Questions and the Paper-II Includes questions related to the subject selected by candidates.
- The medium of Paper: Candidate can choose the paper moderate either Hindi or English. The choice for paper moderate can be exercised at the time of completing the form.
- Assessment Duration: Paper-1 will be of 1 hour while Paper-II will probably be of two hours.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct response will carry 2 marks.
- Negative Marking: CBSE isn’t following negative marking scheme in UGC NET.
UGC NET 2018 Syllabus:
The syllabus of National Eligibility Test (NET) is different for different subjects. The subjects included in NET is more than 94. It is difficult to provide the syllabus of all the subjects here. On the other hand, the subject-wise syllabus will be supplied. Candidates must prepare according to the syllabus prescribed by the CBSE.
For every exam, there is a specific eligibility standard that applicants have to meet, should they desire to apply for this examination.
- Qualifying Examination: Masters or equivalent degree from Universities/Institutions recognized by UGC.
- Subjects: The qualifying examination must be passed in areas including Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science &Applications, Electronic Science etc..
- Minimum Marks: The proportion of marks required in qualifying exam is 55 percent (50% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD categories).
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing for final exams towards a Master’s degree (or equivalent) are also eligible to use.
- Relaxation: Relaxation of 5% marks in qualifying examination shall be awarded to Ph.D. degree holders whose master’s level exam was completed by 19th September 1991.
For Junior Research Fellowship:
- Age Limit: The maximum age limitation is 30 years according to 1st January 2018.
- Relaxation: 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit will be supplied to OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD category candidates. Comfort will also be provided to the candidates having research expertise. Candidates owning LL.M. Degree will be qualified for 3 years relaxation in age.
In reference to telling for UGC-NET(November) 2017 printed in the newspapers regarding the schedule of completing online application for the said exam, following has been informed:
- 1. The usage of Aadhaar for its candidates of UGC-NET(November) 2017 will result in a precision of their applicants’ details. This will also aid in ascertaining identities of the candidates in the exam centers in a convenient and hassle-free method. Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple files to prove one’s identity.
- 2. The conditions of the Aadhaar Act and Regulations under the Act have come into effect from 14th September 2016 and alarms to this effect have been published in the Official Gazette. Section 57 of the Aadhaar Act 2016 allows the usage of Aadhaar number for establishing the identity of an individual for any purpose pursuant to any law or any contract for this effect.
- 3. Thus, CBSE has decided to use Aadhaar for the candidates of UGC NET(November) 2017, and hereby notifies the following:
- 4. Applicants that are in possession of Aadhaar, shall enter Aadhaar number, name, date of arrival & gender in the online application for UGC-NET(November) 2017 for the intention of his/her identity and authentication thereof.
- 5. Applicants not yet registered for Aadhaar, are required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment if he/she is allowed to obtain Aadhaar according to section 3 of Aadhaar Act. Such applicant may visit any Aadhaar enrolment center (list available at www.uidai.gov.in) for registered for Aadhaar.
- 6. The above-mentioned provisions shall be applicable in most countries except J&K, Assam & Meghalaya.
- 7. The applicants in the countries of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya should go into the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other legitimate Govt. Identity number provided they need to select the city of examination in these nations just.
For Assistant Professor:
- Age Limit: No prescribed upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
That Are Exempted From Appearing CBSE UGC NET (For Assistant Professor)?
- 1. Ph.D. Degree Holders: Candidates possessing the Ph.D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission shall be exempted from the need for NET/SELT/SET for recruitment of Assistant Professor at Universities/institutions.
- 2. UGC/CSIR JRF Licensed Nominees: The qualified applicants of UGC/CSIR JRF examination are exempted from appearing the NET however, the problem is that the exam must be passed before 1989.
- 3. States Qualification Test (SET) Nominees: The qualified candidates of SET (held before 1st June 2002) are exempted from appearing in NET. These candidates can apply for the post of Assistant Professor anywhere in India. Those people who have cleared the SET (1st June 2002 onwards) are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the Universities/colleges situated in the country of passing the SET.
UGC NET 2018 Application Form:
UGC NET 2018 Application Form will be available from 6th March 2018. The last date to submit the application will 5th April 2018. Candidates can print the receipt of the application form from 6th March 2018 to 5th April 2018. The application form can be filled by online mode only.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of UGC NET 2018, https://cbsenet.nic.in/cms/public/home.aspx
- Step 2: Fill down the complete and correct details in the form. What are your name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, nationality, state, gender, communication address, email address, mobile number and your AADHAR number.
- Step 3: After the final submission, note down your registration number.
- Step 4: In the next screen upload your passport size photograph and signature.
- Step 4: Make payment for application form fee and print the confirmation page.
UGC NET 2018 Application Fee:
UGC NET 2018 Admit Cards/ Hall ticket:
All the candidates who have registered for UGC NET 2018 examination need to download the admit card to appear in the main examination. Admit cards for UGC NET 2018 exam will be available from June 2018, at the official website.
Here are the steps you need to follow to download your UGC NET 2018 admit card:
- Step 1: Visit the official website and go to the candidate’s login window.
- Step 2: Enter your login registration number, password and captcha code correctly.
- Step 3: Go to the “admit card” tab and click on the link.
- Step 4: Take a print out of your admit card for reference in future.
UGC NET 2018 Counseling:
University Grants Commission (UGC), has decided to complete the UGC NET counseling in three rounds. The first round of counseling will take place on the first week of August 2018. The procedure of UGC NET first round counseling registration is mentioned below:
- Online Registration: Visit the official website and go to the section Counselling. Then register and get a unique User ID and Password on your registered mobile phone for the next step.
- Choice Filling & Locking: Now choose the college as per your choice and list them. After the final edit lock all your choices.
- Counseling Result Declaration: All the candidates will receive their result of their allotted course and college through their registered SMS and Email after counseling ends.
- Reporting to Allotted College: After the counseling ends, all the candidates need to visit their allotted colleges and need to pay the fee to take admissions. In case, any candidate fails to report the college, then the seat will be given to the next candidate.
Documents Required in Counseling Process:
- 1. 10th/12th Mark sheets and Passing Certificates
- 2. Bachelors or Masters Degree (provisional if original degree is not available)
- 3. ICAR AIEEA 2018 Admit Card
- 4. AADHAR Card
- 5. Transfer Certificate
- 6. Indian Council of Agricultural Research Exam Score Card
- 7. Caste Certificate
- 8. Character Certificate
- 9. Domicile Certificate